Bona Mega (in Matt sheen) is a single component, waterbased, 100% polyurethane lacquer for the surface treatment of timber floors in commercial and domestic areas subject to heavy wear. As crosslinking is achieved using oxygen in the air, Bona Mega has the performance of a two-component finish without requiring a separate catalyst.
It has all the advantages of a waterbased system, but still gives a deep, rich colouration similar to a solvent-based finish. Bona Mega is available in ExtraMatt, Matt, SilkMatt & Gloss sheens.
- VOC 2010 compliant
- Easy to use, only one component
- Oxygen crosslinked
- Deep, rich solvent-based appearance
- High resistance to wear, scuff marks, chemicals and scratches
- Mega Gloss meets DIN Norm 18032 and BS 7044:1990 for slip resistance
- Bona Mega Silkmatt and Bona Mega Matt meets BS 7044:1990 for slip resistance
- All versions meet O Norm C 2354 Category C (very heavy wear)
- On bare wood - 1 Coat x Primer, followed by 2-3 coats of Bona Mega varnish
- Overcoating previously varnished floors should be carried out with Crosslinker.
We offer Bona Mega in Silk, Gloss and Extra Matt sheen.